Friday, January 3, 2014

This is the year!!

Happy 2014!!!

Yeah, I'm a few days late but that's ok! We're still chugging along at 33 weeks pregnant. Not much new other than I now have an appointment set for every Monday & Thursday from now to February 6th...and that's just at my MFM. Baby-time is creeping up fast and I feel like there is so much still to do! Justin still hasn't put the crib together (at least we have it though). I feel like we're nowhere near ready. I also think we'd have an ample supply of things I think we need if I had been able to work this whole time...but we basically have nothing that hasn't been given to us. Oh well, we have the necessities and that's what's important.

I'll throw in a bathroom mirror bump picture today-for your viewing pleasure.


So, as far as the new year and resolutions and all that jazz goes..my only goals or hopes for this year are that I can hopefully say sometime this year that I'm cancer free and I'll start to regain my health back one step at a time. I also have gone through so much over the last year in 2013 that I just want to work on not taking things for granted. Not my health or happiness for any reason..not people.

We came so close to losing Cam...I haven't really updated on his progress but its slow and steady. He's home now until he fully emerges and is able to use his leg that was broken. His accident and condition has really been a wake up call about how lucky and blessed we are to just be alive and able to do normal things. I will NEVER pretend that we were really close because we weren't, but he's been a part of my life for the last decade (he was only 11 when our parents got together...so I saw him grow up for the most part) and my heart stopped and dropped to the floor when we weren't sure if he'd come out of this. I also get so excited to hear about the little things he's accomplishing daily...like holding his guitar and trying to strum a note.

And finally, 2014 is the year I become a mom (and get to see Justin become a dad). I'm so nervous and excited! I can only hope that we are the best parents we can be to this little baby that we have yet to meet. It'll be a year full of firsts, that's for sure!





No comments:

Post a Comment