Sunday, July 14, 2013

Thinking and worrying...

I know the worrying isn't good. I just have so much on my mind.

I'm going to have to be out of so much work when I have the baby then turn around and have the thyroid removed and radioactive iodine treatment too..it's about 6 weeks between each thing. We'll have a newborn baby and I will be at my worst ever..not able to properly care for him/her. 

I was really hoping to breast feed for at least a year but that isn't an option now. I am going to ask my doctors if they will allow me to do so at the very beginning...at least until I have surgery..I'd like it if they'd let me pump until its time for radiation and store as much as my body will make before that.

I don't know how well that will work out though. It's very disappointing. 

With me being out of work for that period of at least 3 months, I am worried about money. We're a two person income and we need every bit of both. We'll have all these doctor bills to pay for my treatment. A new baby to feed and clothe and diaper. Someone will have to be here besides me to help care for the baby after I have surgery and all. Thankfully, Justin has lots of time he can take from work and still get paid. That's one good thing about working for the State. Plus Justin's mom doesn't work and my mom plans to do whatever she has to. I have a big support system but its just going to be so hard.

I went ahead and told my supervisors at work so they know what I'm dealing with. I also told my partner at work who I've been friends with since kindergarten. She knew I went for the tests and was very concerned. She and I work hand in hand and depend on each other. They've been so understanding. They said not to worry about my job. They'll also be moving me to day shift soon whenever they can hire a replacement and get them up to speed on my responsibility at night. I'm wondering what responsibility I'll have if they're giving what I'm currently doing to someone else...I'm such an over-achiever and I don't want to go back to not having any responsibility.

Sorry, I feel like I'm rambling but that's how my mind is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment