Friday, July 12, 2013

Bad News

This is so hard for me to type. I'm so scared even though the prognosis is good. I went Monday for a biopsy on my thyroid. We discovered a nodule the week before I found out I was pregnant as I've mentioned before.

The results came back and it is malignant. Papillary carcinoma to be exact. I'm so freaked out right now. I have myself and this baby to think about. The doctor said its not aggressive so we could potentially wait until after delivery in February. It just depends on if it changes during our monitoring it. The best time to operate during pregnancy is 2nd tri. Then after baby is born I have to have radioactive iodine treatment  as well so there goes my breast feeding. She said treatment won't be easy and with a newborn even harder. I'm just so scared right now. I'm so young and its a lot to take in all at once. Yesterday I was pretty strong but today I'm a crying mess. Yesterday I had my family and it was easier to be strong...today I feel broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment