Sunday, June 16, 2013

Beginning the trip!

Well, Father's Day weekend we found out the news that we were pregnant! What a treat!

I wasn't expecting to be pregnant at all so it was definitely a pleasant/scary surprise. 

I recently went to my family doctor to request some thyroid testing to be done and was told I had an enlarged thyroid. She sent me for an ultrasound and it's been confirmed that I have a large nodule. Well I talked to them on Friday they are still trying to set up an appointment with the endocrinologist for further testing. I also asked for a refill on my anxiety meds which after hanging up I realized were not safe throughout pregnancy. 

Justin and I had been trying to get pregnant for the past 7 months but had talked and decided we'd put it on hold until we had more information on my thyroid. However we were already in the two-week wait period so holding off would start the next cycle. I decided that I should just take a test before I went to fill the prescription just to be on the safe side. I only had one and had been waiting to use it until I missed a period or felt pregnant. I said what the heck, if we're going to be putting off trying then there's no harm in using it just to be sure before I take something that I don't need to and then find out I'm pregnant. I seriously thought it would be negative but holy shit! It was positive! It was only 12 days past ovulation so super early!

So Justin was at work..I called him to tell him what had happened. He's thrilled but still doesn't believe it. He made me take two more tests..all positive by the way. He says he won't believe it until I hear it from the doctor. 

I have made an appointment with my OB. July 17th seems so far away! Tomorrow, I will be calling my family doctor to let them know. I'm not sure what the pregnancy may mean for my thyroid so I definitely want to call and ask about that to make sure they know. They may want to confirm it or something. Hopefully I won't have to wait very long to get in to see the endocrinologist and everything is okay!

I'm so excited but wary at the same time! It's definitely conflicting emotions finding out about all this practically at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment