Sunday, June 23, 2013

5 weeks today!

Today marks being 5 weeks pregnant. It's starting to sink in. Right now I'm thankful that so far I haven't had very many symptoms. Mostly I have just been tired! And sore boobs...can't forget those! I even had to go up a whole bra size already!

So I talked about my thyroid nodule previously and I've contacted my OB to let her know what is going on. We're still waiting on my referral to come through to see the endocrinologist to see what the next step for that is.

I've been thinking a lot lately and I'm considering switching doctors. I'm so confused to be honest. I'm such a worrier and I know that potentially, I could have a completely healthy pregnancy and baby. There is also the chance that something could go wrong too and that scares me.

I like my doctor but at the same time, the hospital here isn't equipped for any major issues. If baby has to go to the NICU unit for any reason, they will transfer them to a hospital that I don't care for. That's a big deal to me.

Knowing that there is something up with my thyroid and that thyroid problems potentially can cause preterm labor..in addition I'm overweight and at risk for gestational diabetes and hypertension... it's a big risk. All of those things can make baby come early even if I am as healthy as possible for the duration.

We also have to look out for signs if an intestinal blockage for baby because my Dad and I both had one. So it seems a bit hereditary. I was actually rushed at birth to a Children's Hospital in Atlanta to have surgery. 

For me it just seems like too much to risk not to go ahead and prepare for these issues just in case. My first prenatal visit is scheduled for July 17 and I may go ahead and see my doctor and just ask what she thinks about these things. We shall see.






No comments:

Post a Comment